Collector-Ambulatory Surgery Center Pasadena CA
Salary: 20.00 per Hour – 24.00 per Hour
Medical Collections/Ambulatory Surgery Center
The Billing Associate position is responsible for working with insurance companies, state agencies, and patients in resolving outstanding account balances, research and resolve problem accounts as needed, and maximize collections to achieve collection performance goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for A/R follow up on outstanding ambulatory surgery facility claims
- Responsible for all aspects of follow up and collections, including making telephone calls and accessing payer websites
- Identify trends and perform root cause analysis on unpaid and underpaid claims
- Research, appeal, and resolve claim rejections, underpayments, and denials with appropriate insurance payor.
- Initiate telephone or letter contact to patients to obtain additional information as needed
- Accurately and thoroughly documents the pertinent collection activity performed
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with clinical personnel, co-workers, and insurance representatives
- Maintains an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policies
- Keep commitments and keep direct supervisor informed of work progress, timetables, and issues
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal and other regulations (e.g., OSHA, WC, HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices)
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Minimum two (2) years related medical billing and collections experience
- Demonstrated experience in collecting from; Medicare, Commercial, HMO payors
- Electronic billing systems experience required
- MS Office: Excel experience required
- Monday Friday